Changes in 2015
· Solo remains the same.
· For excerpt, providing written guidance on recording separate sections as a single take. Consider different excerpts in subsequent years.
· Revised placement of clefs (treble, alto, tenor and bass) in scales and excerpts for viola, cello, and bass.
We will continue to use OpusEvent to manage auditions, with an audition deadline of March 20, 2015.
Remember to check your recording equipment before then! Visit http://www.mmea.org/students/allstate/auditions for detailed information throughout the year.
1. Play all scales in succession, in a single continuous take, at the articulation and tempo indicated. Scales will be posted on the MMEA website in the fall.
2. Perform a solo selected by the teacher and student based on recommended difficulty level published by MMEA. The solo will be performed unaccompanied. A maximum of 5 minutes may be submitted.
3. Perform the orchestral excerpt posted on the MMEA website. The student is expected to perform the excerpt in the style appropriate to the work and at the tempo indicated. Bowings and fingerings are suggested only.
Sponsoring teachers and students are responsible for adhering to the digital ethics policy. The policy is attached below and is available on the All-State Auditions main page.