All-State Vocal Auditions components will be posted by October 20.
1. Solo: Solo remains the same.
Eligibility requirements are on the All-State Policies
page, including grade level, enrollment in school ensemble, and maximum number
MacPhail Center for Music has generously provided
a voice tutorial that can apply to all voice types.
Vocal All-State Audition Components
Changes for 2015
Sing an accompanied solo selection that highlights your voice quality and ability.
2. Alma del Coré: Key changes for Alma del Coré in some voice parts to move away from range extremes. Charts are posted on the Choir Alma del Coré page.
- Selection must be limited to an arts song or aria.
- Selection MAY NOT be Alma del Core.
- The art song chosen should aid the singer in demonstrating fundamentally good singing technique, proper choral tone, musicianship, as well as showcase the range of the section being auditioned for. Judges are looking for a healthy, free tone that will blend with other singers.
Sing Alma del Core at a moderate tempo, UNACCOMPANIED, in the key corresponding with the student’s voice type.
- Soprano 1: Ab
- Soprano 2: F
- Alto 1: E flat (no change)
- Alto 2: B flat (no change)
- Tenor 1: G
- Tenor 2: F
- Bass 1: C (no change)
- Bass 2: A flat (no change)
3. Scale: The scale will be a single octave ascending and descending (or the reverse). Scales are posted on the Choir Scale page.
- Soprano 1: Ab, second space on treble clef, ascending then descending
- Soprano 2: G, second line on treble clef, ascending then descending
- Alto 1: Eb, first line on treble clef, ascending then descending
- Alto 2: F, first space on treble clef, descending then ascending
- Tenor 1: F, fourth line of bass clef, ascending then descending
- Tenor 2: E flat, third space of bass clef, ascending then descending
- Bass 1: D, third line of bass clef, ascending then descending
- Bass 2: F, fourth line of bass clef, descending then ascending
Sponsoring teachers and students are responsible for adhering to the digital ethics policy.
The policy is attached below and is on the All-State auditions main page.