All-State Vocal Auditions
Changes in 2015
MacPhail Center for Music has generously provided a voice tutorial that can apply to all voice types.
Vocal All-State Audition Components
1. Sing an accompanied solo selection that highlights your voice quality and ability.
· Selection must be limited to an arts song or aria.
· Selection MAY NOT be Alma del Core.
· The art song chosen should aid the singer in demonstrating fundamentally good singing technique, proper choral tone, musicianship, as well as showcase the range of the section being auditioned for. Judges are looking for a healthy, free tone that will blend with other singers.
2. Sing Alma del Core at a moderate tempo, UNACCOMPANIED, in the key corresponding with the student’s voice type.
3. Sing the scale. Details to be provided by November 1st.
Sponsoring teachers and students are responsible for adhering to the digital ethics policy.
The policy is attached below and is on the All-State auditions main page.