Beginning 2014, All-State auditions will be recorded by the sponsoring teacher and uploaded to our auditions management system. Details on auditions management software system to be posted in December.
Sponsoring teachers and students are responsible for adhering to digital ethics guidelines.
1. Sound files may not be edited or enhanced in any way.
2. The sponsoring teacher must be in the room when the audition is recorded. If there are multiple teachers in a school/program, this may be delegated to a member of the team.
3. Each audition element must be recorded in a separate, single continuous take. Audition elements are the numbered items listed below for each audition type (for example, etude, solo and so on).
4. To assist judges, record in a traditional rehearsal space. The space should not be too “live” (like a cathedral) or too “dead” (like a carpeted room with a low ceiling) to not give the impression of editing the recording.
5. If the recording is determined to have been altered, the student will not be eligible for All-State participation. The MMEA Executive Committee’s decision will be final.
All-State Auditions - Keeping Up with the Changes
Background information available for download below