MMEA All-State Program
All-State is a program to develop the finest musicians and leaders among Minnesota's most accomplished high school students. The All-State program supports secondary school music ensembles, MMEA members and members' students.
The All-State Experience - A brief summary.
- Decide to Audition.
- Make sure that you are eligible.
- Find a sponsoring teacher.
- Gather audition materials.
- Note audition deadline (mid-March) and cost.
- Prep for auditions.
- Sponsoring teacher records and submits your audition before the mid-March deadline.
- Sponsoring teacher shares results of your audition in the end of April / beginning of May.
- If you make it in:
- Accept membership into All-State in early May.
- Register for All-State Camp, including completing/returning all required forms and payments.
- Participate in the entire All-State camp, held in early August.
- Maintain your eligibility for All-State.
- Participate in the Midwinter Reunion performance the following February.
Audition deadline for 2017-2018 All-State is March 15, 2017.
Audition fee is $20. We will continue to use OpusEvent. For more information, see the All-State Auditions
For information on the 2017 All-State Camps,
see the All-State Camp
page. The camps run from Aug 7-12, 2017. The students return Feb 23-24, 2018 (Feb 22-23 for Jazz). Camp cost is $600.
If you have any questions, contact the MMEA office at 763/566-1460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the All-State Auditions pages for more information.
Band Auditions Choir Auditions
Jazz Auditions String Auditions